Excellent full-time opportunity for a Scientist!
The NCBA Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program seeks candidate for non-Federal position opportunity with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina.
MANDATORY MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT: Applicants must meet the minimum mandatory age requirement of 55 years (in accordance with PL 8-313).
- Minimum Bachelor degree related to environmental sciences, chemistry, biology, or physical sciences.
- Relevant experience in quality assurance, especially analytical chemistry or biology quality assurance or environmental compliance monitoring. Previous training in instrumental analysis (e.g. G/MS, LC/MS, ICP-AES, etc.) desired.
- Relevant science background (e.g., chemistry, environmental science, biology, physical science, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge/ability to use (or be trained to use) current technology and software (e.g., Microsoft Office products, SharePoint, Skype, etc.)
General Description of the SEE Position
- Provide quality assurance support to the quality assurance manager (QAM) for a variety of tasks necessary for meeting Agency QA requirements for Division research projects. The assistance to the QAM includes data reviews/audits, reviewing project documentation for quality assurance, maintenance of QA database, and other QA related tasks.
- Applicant will work in a team environment along with QA staff and Division researchers
- Applicant will work in a dynamic environment with new and changing policies and procedures in order to meet the Agency’s and QA program’s needs – flexibility and adaptability will be key
Potential Scientific and Technical Support Activities
- Support to the QA manager in technical writing or development of QA training materials
- Assist with secondary review of QA documents, such as standard operating procedures, quality assurance project plans, or scientific products, depending on the candidate’s technical expertise
- Provide support to the QA manager with audits (e.g., data audits, technical systems audits, etc.)
- Conduct in-house lab equipment verifications (e.g., yearly weight verifications for all the working weights in the lab). This is location-based and the types of equipment depend on the labs.
Maintenance of Electronic Databases/Inventories Activities
- Enter data for tracking laboratory notebooks
- Assist Branches in updating their SOP databases
- Upload QA documents
- Gather information on lab equipment (esp. those requiring calibrations)
- Assist with maintaining QA training or demonstration of analyst competency records
WAGE: Full-time, $12.72 per hour with benefits.
INTERESTED? Please forward Resume and Cover Letter to Yvonne Smith at email@example.com.
For more information on the NCBA SEE Program, visit… http://www.ncba-aged.org/environmental-employment-program-resources